Want to know how to potty train a puppy? Potty training a puppy is a hard job, and new puppy owners realize that on their first happy week. There is a little difference between training your puppy to go outdoors or indoors, but these general rules work for both situations, so read the tips below.
Best to way Potty Train a puppy
One of the best things to help yourself potty training a puppy, is to buy a puppy from a responsible breeder who has already started potty training. Of course, this can be a much more expensive route to take, and usually it is so, but if you can afford it, you are giong to spend more money, but save lots of time and nerves in the long run.
Ok, so here is a small collection of the tips that are tested many times, and proven to help you potty train your puppy:
1) Feed your dog more dry food – this will help to keep his stools more solid, thus will make it easier for you to potty train.
Get a good indoor Dog Potty
2) Get the Indoor Dog Potty that is not like a standard “potty”, but more like a mat that is LOVED by puppies and dogs. You see, there are so many choices out there for a dog potty, but if you want to learn how to potty train a puppy easily and faster than many other people, you might need to listen to those who already have experience in that.
The indoor dog potty is PROVEN to help you potty train your little puppy, and it works way better that the other hundreds of products out there. This potty not only rinses clean in seconds, but it does not smell or anything like that! And when potty training a puppy, a good indoor dog potty is a must, so that you don`t ruin your carpets at home. Potty training is a very responsible process, and it takes time and commitment, so the minimum you want to have is a good potty that actually helps to make that process easier.
How to Potty Train a Puppy
3) It is always best to keep your puppy on a schedule, especially when you want to potty train. Of course, you won`t be able to tell him to sleep at 9 p.m. and expect him to do that one minute after, but still you can control almost everything if you just spend the time on learning and teaching this to your puppy. Time for feeding, getting up and going to bed at nights should be the same every day – this will make it easier for you to potty train, and of course for the puppy to get trained.
Make it easy to Potty Train a Puppy
4) To make it easier for your puppy, you should try to feed him not less than 4 hours before the nights sleep. It is a good thing if you could also not give him water two hours before bed – this might sound like hard work, but most puppies don`t even notice that, if they get enough food and drinks during the day.
How to potty train your Puppy
5) Just as you would be potty training a baby or a toddler, you would want to take him to potty after every meal, and after every nap or sleep. Same thing applies to puppies, they usually want to pee after eating, and right after sleep. Use this to your advantage!
6) If you`ve been spending time outside playing, or just had an active time with your puppy, make sure you take him to the potty after that.
7) Try to notice whenever your puppy is weirdly moving around – this can be a sign he wants the potty! Weird sniffing around or turning in circles usually means he wants to potty!
8 ) Having a good Indoor Dog Potty is also great if you plan to travel with your puppy later on. This way, once he`s trained even just a little to pee on the mat, he will pee there when away from home, too!
9) Going to a potty is a serious task – so take it seriously. Do not play with your puppy until he does his business, and of course – reward him with a snack after he does!
Most importantly, when potty training a puppy, do not yell at him if he does the job somewhere you don`t like. It takes time to potty train, it is not easy, but after a few weeks, you will be fine!